View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 14:02   #3
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough
Re: Engineer visit, help needed?

Right Engineer just left and after quite a while I he could see the problem. However, he couldn't understand what it was.

He changed the Super-hub and directly routed it to my Macbook Pro in Modem mode and we saw 100meg, great we thought.

He then tried router mode and over wirless with my laptop 6 inches away from the router we saw only 30meg

He changed a few things and we could get it upto 45-50 meg but no higher.

He then returned the Super hub to modem mode and added a D-Link Dir-615. Again the most I could get was 50 meg

He agreed that this was low but stated that it may be my mac and is returning tomorrow with a Windows 7 Laptop to see if it improves.

I have since spent the last hour trying various settings in both my mac and the router and the max I can get is 50 meg over Wifi, Why? When I had 50 meg, a few weeks, ago I rarely (except in peak time) saw below 40 meg so 90% of my total speed

I have a 2011 Macbook pro 2.66 Ghz dual core i7 with 4gb of ram and running the latest software 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

What am I doing wrong, what am I missing? I know speeds will be lower over wi fi but surly not over 50% slower standing close to the router

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Just tested having jsut posted to show you what I mean and here was my result

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Having reset my laptop, taken Super Hub out of Modem mode and connected it directly to the Laptop

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Router placed in Modem mode and restarted.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

OK to just reset everything again, this time reconnecting the D-link router and placing the Super Hub in Modem modem.

Now I get:

gaz2810i is offline   Reply With Quote