View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 23:34   #1
deakin
cf.addict

deakin will become famous soon enoughdeakin will become famous soon enoughdeakin will become famous soon enough
Calls claiming to be from virgin

Hello folks,

Well it's nearly 10.30pm on a sunday evening and i've just had my third call from someone called Sally claiming to be from virgin media asking to speak to me. Each time the call has only lasted a few seconds before the line goes dead. Now sally has an English sounding accent but this is where i'm starting to wonder if it's a fault on the lines or just another scam call.

Sally is asking to speak to me but i'm not listed on the account, the other half is. So why is Sally asking for Mr and not Mrs ? Mmm.. I tried to call CS on 151 but i'm not given the option to speak to anyone about a general enquiry. Only faults or retentions and even then i've been cut off twice.

I'm 99.9% sure that these calls are phishing as i'm sure virgin would not call at this time of night but i just wanted to check. Has anyone else been called at this late an hour from Customer services ?

P.S.
did a 1471 and the number is withheld, another reason i think this is not really from Virgin.
deakin is offline   Reply With Quote