View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012, 14:47   #12
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Pay frozen for third year running

What is a pay rise Can't remember when I was last given one of them, a bonus or whatever. I'm private sector and ultimately my salary relates to the fee income I can generate and in the climate of the last few years with increasing competition there is always someone who is undercuting you. When one considers the effects that everything else is going up, including the taxes being charged by local government, I've been getting worse off.

So OK it's not right for me to be saying just because I haven't got a pay rise, then nobody else should have one either but, if private sector incomes aren't rising then how can we afford any increased costs that would allow public sector workers to be more comfortable?

Oh and as for overtime, ever since I started my "career", I've never received a penny and yet staying late in the office has always been a regular occurance, as has sitting at home of an evening or weekend writing reports.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote