View Single Post
Old 15-02-2012, 14:00   #12
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

who has 60-70 programs runnign at once machine bought straight otu the shop of pc world etc, this machine is but that because i am doign it delibrate for otehr reasons

majority of peopel are unaware how many programs are runnig inteh background and generally report a slow comptuer booting up as the itnernet runnign slow because majority fo people are unaware

all internet application will be affected by the comptuer performance, i wasnt necessarily saying that aold comptuer cant do it if it optismse more unopstimesed system will make the pseed result seem wrong it can sometimes be right, i have runt eh speed test on this comptuer about 300 times and i get reulst from 0.1mb through to 51mb my max but the other comptuer which is opstimised as it run a certain program gets 48-50mb ever time i have done that about 100 times

im not saying the comptuer is the be end all but it has effect and so peopel shouldnt jsut assume it there connection and shouldnt get offended if someone dispute there speedtest result
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote