Thread: Boxing 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:43   #8
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age
Re: Boxing 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Peterson kept his head down as a tactic but I'm sure before fights the refs say keeps your heads up, protect yourselves at all times etc. was that tactic against the rules?
This is another reason why the fight was dodgy as hell.

Peterson was warned numerous times in the fight to keep his head up. At one point the ref told his corner he'd deduct a point if he carried on. Yet he was then warned twice more for the same thing in the very same round with no points deduction, and in several other rounds afterwards.

That Khan had 2 points deducted for fouls that aren't even fouls in the laws of the sport, and Peterson failed to receive one despite constant warnings for something that is, shows how dodgy it was.

When I first watched the fight I thought Khan threw it away (although you can still say he did), but watching it back now it's clear that it wasn't in any way a fair fight.

I don't even like Khan, he's one of the most arrogant boxers around, for no real reason, I loved watching him throw his titles away, yet I think he got screwed.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote