View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 14:37   #15
Daz/Teeside
Inactive

Daz/Teeside is on a distinguished roadDaz/Teeside is on a distinguished road
Re: Odd Calls and Police Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
I signed upto the TPS years ago and until reciently i had very few marketing calls.

Reciently they have been asking over and over for a Mrs T Owen and ive also had some really weird ones such as wanting to know what brand of TV i have and how old is it and not taking no for an answer until i tell them not so politely where to go.

Earlier then i had the well known scam call from a company claiming to be acting on behalf of Microsoft called Computing 24/7 and a bloke called Olaf Neil Stating Microsoft asked them to contact me cos i have a Legal Version of Windows and it is infected with Malware and as soon as i mentioned the police he hang up.

I contacted the Police and reported it and the lady i spoke to insisted i also reported these add calls to my provider to see if they can do anything but no idea who i am to contact.

Anyone know?
No help what so ever but I have exactly the same. Mr or Miss Ward is the name I get, tried everything it seems we are going to have to spend even more money to get something that is effective, why Virgin can't provide a service or hardware is beyond me, we pay enough for the privelage of their services!
Daz/Teeside is offline   Reply With Quote