View Single Post
Old 13-08-2011, 19:11   #4
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Customer service gave me ultimatum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarix View Post
Hi all,

I have recently signed up to virgin media in July. My original installation was on 17th july but some how my account got cancelled without my permission. I was refunded my £25 I was confused as to why and there was no clear answer. I have signed back up again then was told to wait until August 6th for Installation and I was fine with that. I have called the virgin media customer service a day before the installation to confirm everything was going ahead as usual and they told me not to worry. I therefor cancelled my previous phone, broadband, and tv provider and terminated contract with them because I believed the installation would go fine as my neighbor has also VM. On August 6th two Engineers came by looked around the property where I live and without saying a word they got back in their car and drove off. I was baffled and did not know what to do afterwards. I called tech support they told me I needed a cable "re-pull and I would be contacted by someone on Monday, and I have not received a call. I called back on Tuesday, and once again was told the same but again no one has contacted me. Wednesday the same and each time I spend nearly 2 hours on the phone in waiting line and been transferred back and forth. Finally without ever receiving a call two gentleman came and replaced the cable. I called tech support again to ask them when the installation would be done as I was told by the engineer manager as soon as they replaced the cable engineers would come out to do the installation. On Thursday I was on the phone with the installation team supervisor and she assured me they would 100% find a solution for me and as soon as she knew more she would contact me on Friday.

I was bit relieved to hear that but on Friday I received a call from the team supervisor who's name is Caroline and she said bluntly the installation will be on the 27th of August. I had previously explained to her in detail that I'm currently without Phone line, tv and Broadband. I have two kids and a wife who is currently recovering from an injury. They are basically stuck at home with absolutely nothing to watch/do or even call out friends and family. I have in detail explained to the supervisor that I need a solution as fast as possible as it was not my fault something went wrong with the installation. She said that I either should take the date or cancel my contract, I was baffled to hear a supervisor utter those words without actually trying to find a solution first. I have expressed to her that she should not speak to customers in that way specially customers who are new and don't know much about VM customer service. I'm sending this email in hope you guys can find a solution for me and perhaps speed up the installation as currently we have nothing in our house. I have signed up because I heard so much good things about VM and so far it has been a nightmare for us. I even recommended my friend the other day and his installation date was ahead of mine which completely confused me. Why have I been thrown back at the quee for something that was totally not my fault to begin with?

I'm hoping to hear from you, and please find a solution as currently I'm at the verge of actually cancelling my contract. I can't deal with the customer service on the phone any more as they say the same thing without finding solution. I was told I was going to be contacted since last saturday by a manager who deals with the installation bookings and they have left him voicemail, send him email and even once had him on the line but he never once contacted me. The installation date is 27th and in my honest opinion I don't see that being whatsoever slightest being fair.
You have had a terrible experience and I would definately email the CEO office .
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote