View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 18:02   #2
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Re: Odd Calls and Police Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
I signed upto the TPS years ago and until reciently i had very few marketing calls.

Reciently they have been asking over and over for a Mrs T Owen and ive also had some really weird ones such as wanting to know what brand of TV i have and how old is it and not taking no for an answer until i tell them not so politely where to go.

Earlier then i had the well known scam call from a company claiming to be acting on behalf of Microsoft called Computing 24/7 and a bloke called Olaf Neil Stating Microsoft asked them to contact me cos i have a Legal Version of Windows and it is infected with Malware and as soon as i mentioned the police he hang up.

I contacted the Police and reported it and the lady i spoke to insisted i also reported these add calls to my provider to see if they can do anything but no idea who i am to contact.

Anyone know?
I have also had the TV call.
They had asked the TV brand, where it was purchased from and how long has it been owned.
They then ended the call saying "You have registered to allow 3rd parties to contact you and ask more information" then suddenly hung up.

I find this very cheeky, and is it even legal as I had no idea I was signing up for my information to be passed on??

They keep pestering and calling over and over again
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote