Old 03-04-2017, 22:51   #10
duncan.stevenson
cf.member

Services: VIVID200 Gamer, Mix TV with V6 TiVo
duncan.stevenson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Build Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Hope that helps, drop me a message if you need any more help and I will keep you updated with the progress of the fibre node build for the site.
Hi, and thank you again for the information. Hopefully, the fibre pull won't take too long!

So in the living room does that mean we'll be left with a dead socket on the media plate and a separate VM point elsewhere on the wall, or will the section on the media plate be swapped out?

It sounds like you're saying that CALA hasn't put actual coax for broadband into the cupboard under the stairs, only a phone line? This seems a bit pointless given that the only useful thing to have in there is a modem, not a phone? It's disappointing from CALA as it's not what they explained to me, and we have our router and server in there. Is there literally just phone connection going to that cupboard, or does coax go there as well for the purposes of a router? Would it be easy to pull an additional coax into that cupboard if it's not there already?

EDIT: I think I misinterpreted your message - I had a look behind that blanking plate and the full siamese cable with coax and phone was in there, so I assume that means the master phone socket AND a coax for the model will be there. Fingers crossed anyway!

I double checked the blank plate in the master bedroom and this actually isn't branded (I thought it was identical) but they told me it was Virgin.

Sorry again for the bombardment! I really do appreciate your help!

Last edited by duncan.stevenson; 03-04-2017 at 23:02.
duncan.stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote