Thread: New Build Woes
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 20:00   #8
duncan.stevenson
cf.member

Services: VIVID200 Gamer, Mix TV with V6 TiVo
duncan.stevenson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Build Woes

I have another question for either Steve or anyone else in the know. I saw the PDF on Virgin Media's website about new build installations and what it should all look like. I'm rather concerned that what we have doesn't really match what's on that site. I'm curious to know what the installation will look like and ensure that it's all going to go smoothly if/when it finally becomes available.

Here are photos:

So in the above there is no brown box as you'd expect, and it looks much too low to even have a brown box. Furthermore, there is no black plate at ground level, only a blue pull rope into the ground, which is quite taught so presumably attached to something on the other end?

There is a little black square on the ground nearby, but not in the location that the PDF suggests - how will this even match up? It looks to be quite a distance away, if it's even part of the VM infrustructure?

This is on the outside of our Living room wall which has a media plate on it, which I assume has the Virgin master socket / main cable point?

This shows the media plate, with the BT Master Socket along from it. The top part of the media plate has a BT extension and one dead socket, which I'm assuming will be the VM phone?

Our cupboard under the stairs has a blank VM plate, which I assume will be converted to a real socket for the modem, as this is where that will live. There is another one in the master bedroom, presumably for TV, though we won't use that.

Sorry for being so paranoid about this. I honestly think my husband and I are suffering psychological damage waiting on internet, as our current connection is so useless. I'm nervous that something, somewhere will go wrong, and we'll end up with either no Virgin services, or a botched installation if CALA haven't done it properly!

Many thanks again!
duncan.stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote