View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 01:16   #8
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star
Re: GETTING FOBBED OFF BY SKY re Sky+

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr
Hi,
My Sky+ does not work, it does not pause, rewind, fastword etc live TV

According to SKY it is a firmware problem with some sort of software that is automatically installed.
I've had this happen a couple of times on my Sky+ box, most recently about last week when I believe they did another upgrade, but it generally sorts itself out after a few days.

Have you tried doing a full system reset?

Press Services/ System Setup/ then 0 then 1 then Select (nothing will happen until you press Select)

This gets you into the Engineer's menu.

Firstly try doing Sky+ Planner Rebuild first, this shouldn't (hopefully!) cause you to lose any recorded stuff or entries on the Sky+ Planner.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to try "Full System Reset" which will format the hard drive and wipe all the entries on the Sky+ Planner.

This can take a few minutes, so just leave it for a while and then come back.

You can also try unplugging the box and leaving it for a while before switching back on again.

If none of this works, you can try complaining that the box is "Not fit for purpose" as per your rights under the Sale of Goods Act and demand that they replace it.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote