View Single Post
Old 15-08-2009, 16:45   #65
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: CF: Clickers Corner

I've always found it better to get good glass by the camera manufacturer for macro and mid-range lenses. I wouldn't rate Sigma as great tbh (nor tameron) even though they have been around a long time. more budget lenses than anything. It's worth spending the majority of you budget on getting the best glass you can with a body that is good enough. it's much cheaper and easier to upgrade the body alone rather than the lens collection imo.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

oh - forgot to add what I use too...

currently use a Canon 50D as my main camera but have multiple cameras around the house for snap-shot stuff where the DSLR is too much. I mainly use the body with a Canon 17-85 Ultrasonic EF-S lens, but also have a Sigma 55-200 which I try to avoid if I can help it, but it can give nice portrait results provided the F stop is low and the light is very good. it's not that great for general use though as details are not too high. I also have a Canon Speedlite 430EX and multiple lens filters. other random bits in the bag include remote shutter release, reflector discs, tripod, etc, etc. it can get quite expensive, especially as I don't really make much money from it. More a hobby that I really enjoy.