View Single Post
Old 30-12-2016, 21:42   #1320
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think we do what America, Europe and the UK have been doing. If Russia diplomats are interfering or otherwise undermining the best interests of our nation we expel them and we impose sanctions on Russia. Their military is not in great shakes and their economy is worse. Economic sanctions hurt them.

What we do not do is forget about it and appease them just because of an implied threat. Russia should not dictate to us what the terms of our relationship should be, they should face resistance in their attempt to damage our interests and our democracies.

No one wants to escalate this with military action but Russia should not be allowed to take shots at us without retribution. The idea we should just suck it up because it's Russia will only be met with Russia pushing their luck further.
Russia are not going to take any more economic sanctions lying down, I still don't believe Russia held 63 million Trump voters at gun point, and as I pointed out, Clinton and the US wanted to put their own interests first back in 2006, when Clinton said they should have done something in the 2006 Palestine Elections to determine who was going to win? We had this discussion pages back !