View Single Post
Old 29-05-2008, 22:35   #7543
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
Ah - there we go.

One problem: 10:30am on a Wednesday is not the best time for a protest. It's fine if you want to stick to the AGM timetable, but far fewer people will show up on a weekday, especially when it's not even lunch hour. Trust me, I've been to many protests in my life. Weekday protests are always *much* smaller. Please consider this.
The plan is to make it an all day event. We will need to get some bodies there around 10am to catch BT shareholders on the way in. I am hoping to start the speeches around lunchtime.

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
OK, I'd like to help spread the word. How about a paragraph of text people can cut and paste around the interweb?

Please include time, date, purpose, etc.
Quote:
On July 16th 2008 outside the Barbican in London UK, a demonstration will be held to protest against the use of Deep Packet Inspection for the purpose of behavioural advertising (more specifically Phorm).

The protest has been timed to coincide with BT's annual general meeting and will be held outside that AGM.

BT have announced an agreement with Phorm to deploy Deep Packet Inspection technology which has been reported as illegal by key privacy advocates, academics, peers in the House of Lords and Politicians in the UK and EU government.

BT also carried out covert trials of this technology in 2006/2007 effecting over 120 000 of their customers, without first obtaining the consent required by law.

It is planned that there will be several key speakers at the event and a website will be set up in the next week on www.nodpi.org with more information.

Facebook event link

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

k I have 1 confirmed guest speaker so far. Not a bad start

Alexander Hanff