Thread: Rugby Rugby Union Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:44   #154
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rugby Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
That's weak even for you, it was hardly saturation coverage after all, what really was your problem with our glorious victory, jealousy or just the typical small minded nonsense we have come to expect froom people like yourself over the years

Yes it'd be rather odd if there was no media coverage when England who'd been pretty much written off by virtually everyone beforehand managed to beat Australia and outplayed them in the process. I guess some people are just upset because all the gloating they've prepared over the last 4 years is going to have to wait for next time now. Sad eh?

In all honesty, given their erratic form, most England followers (myself included) would have bitten the hand off anyone who'd offered them a semi-final spot and a win against Australia before this tournament. France next week? Well it depends on which French team turn up and another major improvement from England I guess. It's a big ask in Paris but whatever else happens the lads have risen to the challenge when it has mattered and done us and themselves proud....

... and that leads us nicely on to New Zealand

What is it with that team? They have been the best team in the world for ages, they consistently play the sort of rugby most teams can only dream of and deserved the title IMO yet the red hot favourites have blown it again

For reasons best known to themselves they let the French off the hook and must be absolutely gutted!!! Had they kept up their tactics of the first 30 mins or so they'd have blown France away so why didn't they? 2 points down in the last 10 minutes, they were camped out on the French line trying for a try when 3 points from an easy drop would have been enough. They eventually went for it with seconds to go when they'd squandered far better positions for the points. Perhaps in that respect their overwhelming belief in their ability to score tries was the root of their downfall.

In the words of Winston Churchill: NZ are a "riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma".

As for SA and Scotland - well if yesterday's results are anything to go by Fiji will be playing Scotland in the other sem final. Who'd have thought eh??

Anyway at least there will be one N.Hemisphere team in the final although my money's on SA for the cup.