View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 16:34   #3537
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Gutted but not in the I expected to be

I was prepared for surgery had the hospital gown on, anesthetist came and spoke to me, then the surgeon said he could not do the op because he said I was a week day patient and he did state that I would need to be done during the week because of the risk to my bowel as I have Crohns and he has checked to see if any beds were available as it is unlikely that he will be able to carry out the operation via key hole but he would try although he reckons it would be unlikely due to the risks etc. My son has sent off a email to the hospital stating that since my operation was cancelled on a non-clinical reason and the reason being clerical error and no beds available what time frame is the operation expected to be carried out. He has said to me it should be within 28 days but he is keeping that quiet atm until he checks that this is the case but he is sure they have to offer me a date within 28 days for a non-clinical reason. I must say the surgeon and nursing staff were great and showed myself great empathy.
So sorry to hear this weenie. A very unfortunate mixup indeed! I was told that sometimes they start with the aim of doing keyhole surgery but then may find they need to open the patient up properly if there are complications and that's exactly what happened to a neighbour of mine earlier this year. It seems poor communication was the reason in your case and that's very disappointing indeed because you should never have been considered for day surgery. As you say, it's not only the ordeal you've been put through but the waste of a slot which someone else could have benefited from. We all know the NHS is under a lot of pressure but what excuse is there for a basic error such as this? Grrr...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote