View Single Post
Old 13-12-2016, 22:29   #3154
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why do you not think it would be in the customer's interest, zantarous?

If VM did a wholesale deal, the cost should be lower and included within our subscription. How is that a bad thing? It would certainly suit me!
For one thing it ties you in to one provider, they could for instance try and tie you in to a 12 month contract for those services as well and then we could also be back to bundling x number of services for a fixed cost, which could include services you might not want. There is also the issue of the wholesaler not having all the services you want so you may still have to pay extra for additional services and before you know it you are back to a large TV pack full of services you don't want but perceive to be getting at a discount.

The fact that I can pay monthly via PayPal or credit card and simply cancel or renew any service I want on a monthly basis far outweigh any benefit that a wholesaler could bring.

The real benefit for streaming TV is that it can be very niche and targeted, for instance I recently got in to Anime, never paid it any attention for my entire life and watched a recommendation on Netflix and now am hooked, this is something that has never really had a good home on UK TV but a simple £4.99 payment a month and I can watch up to 80 shows in 1080p within an hour of them being broadcast in Japan plus a huge back catalogue. Chances of it appearing on Virgin, probably less then the fabled Sky Atlantic.

Last edited by zantarous; 13-12-2016 at 22:34.