Thread: UK Timeline The X Files is back!
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2016, 22:03   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The X Files is back!

I have watched the first two episodes shown so far.

While it was nice to see Mulder and Scully again, I wasn't impressed.

It came across to me as just yet another badly written Conspiracy episode. (Although I admit I did like how it tied into real life stuff that has happened since the series finished.)

Spoiler: 
So, just because Nina from The Americans tells Mulder that she was actually taken by men and not aliens, suddenly he just abandons his beliefs and decides "IT'S ALL BEING DONE BY THE SHADOW GOVERNMENT!", despite everything that he has seen?! And - hang on - didn't he do the same back at the start of season 5, when the word of one person made him think the whole alien side of things was a hoax and it was all being done by the government / military / corporations etc.? Why, yes he did, back in "Redux"!

It shouldn't be news to Mulder that men were carrying out abductions and experiments, or making use of alien technology - he bloody well knew the Syndicate was doing that for the Colonists and for itself back in the original series - so WTF did hearing one lone abductee say "it was men, not aliens" make him decide the Conspiracy was just men all along, rather than men working for aliens?

And it's not just everything Mulder's seen that has now conveniently been called into question just so that Carter can retcon the Conspiracy, there's everything *we've* seen too.

Nope, turns out it was all just the men in black performing a massive alien hoax because <reasons>, so that they can TAKE OVER THE WORLD WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, even though they've *long* been in possession of badass alien-derived weapons and spacecraft and Stargate style zero point energy...

Episode two was better, but was nothing special for a MotW episode. It also had two pointless and overly long dream sequences.

It's no surprise to me that episode one was written by Chris Carter, but I expected better from James Wong for the second episode.

Episode three is written by Darin Morgan, so I'm expecting (hoping) that it will be a hell of a lot better than the first two (especially the premier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
It's really overwhelming seeing the quality of TV shows now.
Yeah... pity about the new X Files, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Was hoping to follow this on C5 as I can't be bothered pirating it.

What's their problem with scheduling?
Standard C5 uselessness when it comes to US TV...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote