View Single Post
Old 23-08-2016, 18:05   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I see you mentioned reminders, remember when TiVo came out and there were no reminders where as V+ had them. VM eventually had them added for people that still missed them.

I guess Sky think people don't need them as anything can be recorded with ease now.

I would have thought the Sky button did the same as it used to and go to the main menu. Having a recordings button on TiVo is one thing I would have thought Sky Q would have had?

Is it fast and more responsive than TiVo though? Thats the biggy
I never had Tivo but many on the Sky forums reckon it's blisteringly fast in comparison .

Have to say i never use reminders but it seems a strange thing to leave out given it's so easy to include

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Bad news. I had Philips DVD recorder (DVDR75) that was like that. Died very quickly with expensive laser failure. Heat is the worst enemy of sophisticated electronics.
Cook a joint of beef when watching UHD content i think in the interest of H&S it needs looking at .The heat seems concentrated on the left side

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Oh and another thing can someone please tell me what the point of 'My Q ' is ,i thought it may be for suggestions or favourites but you don't get those with Q ,all it appears to do is keep half watched recordings that you forgot to delete