View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 14:26   #68
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: New high speed rail link ...is it worth it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think this is a good time to be making such investments/ It will lead to more jobs and businesses right away amongst those building the new rail line and it may increase confidence amongst foreign firms that the UK will continue to be a good place to do business. Birmingham itself should see a boost from the knowledge that London will soon be closer.

Plus I have seen many arguments that infrastructural investments are more effective in times of slow economic growth, likely because of the reasons I mentioned above.
Infrastructure certainly isn't a bad thing to be investing in now but there are plenty of other infratsructural issues which would could be tackled with this money and create jobs etc., like getting the existing network up to scratch which might not be quite as groundbraking and high profile but could benefit more people over a wider area. Just my opinion of course...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote