View Single Post
Old 23-07-2017, 20:54   #22
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Charlie Gard: Death threats sent to Great Ormond Street staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Speaking personally i hang on because I haven't been in pain my whole life and can remember a time when i was fully fit and i understand medical technology is progressing all the time and may allow me oneday to be pain free again. How much of that applies to this poor little kid he may be in excruciating pain and may be so for the rest of his life with no end in sight and won't have a time without pain to keep him going and has zero comprehension of medical technology. Parents instinctively choose what may prolong his life and that's 100% natural and understandable and I can't imagine being in their shoes but the medical staff and I'm assuming more then a couple came to their conclusion because they believe it's the right outcome.
The trouble is that it's a guessing game on both sides of the argument and in that sad eventuality the chance of life has to be taken. IIRC this treatment can be easily administered and is as risk free as anything is. As I said before, this lad's already been left in this state for far longer than needed to be the case simply because of all the arguing. Just give the medication and see. That's the only way something good can come of this even if that is just the parents being able to say they did everything they could. If they don't get that chance they'll be left forever wondering why and suffering even more. I reckon they've all suffered enough.

Last edited by Osem; 23-07-2017 at 20:59.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote