View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 19:39   #11
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
Re: disability living allowance

Getting DLA is like trying to win the lottery. It took me over three years of medicals, tribunals, appeals to Commissioners, etc to get what I have now (lower rate care and higher rate mobility) which I still think is not as much as I should be getting. Sociable has had similar problems going on over a longer period. A lot can depend on what the examining medical practitioner puts in his report if the DWP ask for a report. One that examined me only saw me take three steps across the kitchen and from that declared that I could walk with normal gait but with an occasional limp in my left (if I can remember correctly) leg. How can you have a normal gait if you have a limp and how can you determine that it is an occasional limp if only three steps have been taken?

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/dc/dcboa...pics&forum=100 is worth having a look at. This site is basically for professionals in the benefits field but tells you a lot about what is going on. I will let you have some more links when I stick the HDD that has them on in my PC>
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote