Thread: HD S4C HD
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 12:37   #17
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: S4C HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Its on Sky & FREESAT, which S4C pays for in one transaction direct with the satellite operator, plus a nominal charge to appear in the EPG's of the platforms mentioned.

S4C HD is not available on Freeview due to capacity restrictions (the slot it would use on PSB3 is allocated to Channel 4 HD in the whole of the UK).

More than likely its not on VM due to cost. As mentioned before, VM coverage in Wales is very limited for what S4C would have to pay out to add HD to the platform.
I see, thanks. It's extremely frustrating though that it's on SKY and not VirginMedia. I pay a hefty sum each month for my tv package, yet Freesat users get this channel and I don't. I tweeted them and in fairness they did respond saying they are looking into the possibility of it coming to VM.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote