View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:34   #4
Micky Finn
Inactive

Micky Finn has a spectacular aura about themMicky Finn has a spectacular aura about themMicky Finn has a spectacular aura about themMicky Finn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Carphone Warehouse vs. Virgin Mobile - Help!!

Wow! You're a happy-go-lucky sort!! Nothing like a bit of infantile patronising, eh? I'd be grateful if you didn't come back with that sort of nonsense next time. Could you possibly flag up where, exactly, I displayed any arrogance in the post above? I spent much of my holidays on the phone to CS at both parties, basically being passed from pillar to post with no resolution in sight. You'll forgive me if I became a little frustrated by the process. Far from explaining the situation wrongly to VM, they had the whole story, verbatim, including full transcripts of conversations between myself and CPW and any emails forwarded on to them. So no, not wrongly - don't jump in again without checking some facts, please. I rather naively thought this forum, and others like it, was the sort of place one could come for some helpful advice; on the contrary, it seems self-importance is the prevailing currency....

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
... and, further to the above, I'd say if you have sufficient pocket money to upgrade your handset, rather than simply replace one that's broken, just put it down to experience if you later discover you didn't get the best deal.

Paying over the odds by £10 is annoying, but how much did you pay for the handset in total?
Thanks Chris, for a more sober response. Believe me, I now wish I'd kept the handset from the original purchase!! It wasn't a huge amount, but money is tight here at the moment, so £10 is £10, as someone probably said. Once.
Micky Finn is offline   Reply With Quote