View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:07   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Carphone Warehouse vs. Virgin Mobile - Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Finn View Post
Even before I called Virgin to check this, it did seem ridiculous to say the least
Not ridiculous at all. This is exactly how it works on all networks.

Quote:
while VM could verify a number had been used to make a paying call, how could they possibly keep tabs on what handset I was putting the sim card in??
Your handset must provide it's serial number to VM before it can connect to VM's network.

Quote:
I could buy a new handset every day from any number of shops and put my sim in, if I had the funds - how on earth could Virgin police that??
By blocking your handset.

Quote:
Anyway, this was all endorsed by the various VM CS staff I've spoken to this week, one of whom even used the word 'nonsensical' to describe CPW's claims.
VM's staff have been known to tell untruths. Particularly offshore. But based on your arrogance above, it would seem you're explaining it the wrong way to them and they are misunderstanding the situation.

Quote:
But I've been back to CPW several times and they are completely adamant it is VM's responsibility.
It IS VM's responsibility.

Quote:
So I'm stuck - can't now upgrade the handset at CPW....even at the higher price instore. Has anyone come across this ludicrous concept before?
Yes. It's called how the entire UK mobile industry works.

Quote:
Any way round it? I've let CPW know, in some rather fruity anglo-saxon, what I think of their customer services - I know that won't solve the problem, but it doesn't half make you feel better about it.
Tell VM to fix it. Although to be fair, it may have been CPW's omission that caused it, either way only VM can fix it.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote