View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 09:52   #1
Micky Finn
Inactive

Micky Finn has a spectacular aura about themMicky Finn has a spectacular aura about themMicky Finn has a spectacular aura about themMicky Finn has a spectacular aura about them
Carphone Warehouse vs. Virgin Mobile - Help!!

I'm at a loss with this one. Bought an upgrade handset for my Virgin payg sim last week from CPW - met all their criteria (musn't have upgraded in last 90 days/must have made a paying call in last 90 days) but when I checked their website, the same handset upgrade was £10 cheaper.

Returned the unopened phone to CPW for a full refund, but when I tried to buy again via their website, got a message saying 'We are sorry, but this number is unfortunately not due for an upgrade right now.' So obviously having the money refunded doesn't cancel the 'upgrade' on their systems.

Spoke to CPW CS at great length who are adamant, and will not move on this, that it is only Virgin who can "reset the upgrade eligibility date" (their words) for my phone number. Even before I called Virgin to check this, it did seem ridiculous to say the least - while VM could verify a number had been used to make a paying call, how could they possibly keep tabs on what handset I was putting the sim card in??

I could buy a new handset every day from any number of shops and put my sim in, if I had the funds - how on earth could Virgin police that?? Anyway, this was all endorsed by the various VM CS staff I've spoken to this week, one of whom even used the word 'nonsensical' to describe CPW's claims.

But I've been back to CPW several times and they are completely adamant it is VM's responsibility. So I'm stuck - can't now upgrade the handset at CPW....even at the higher price instore. Has anyone come across this ludicrous concept before?

Any way round it? I've let CPW know, in some rather fruity anglo-saxon, what I think of their customer services - I know that won't solve the problem, but it doesn't half make you feel better about it.
Micky Finn is offline   Reply With Quote