View Single Post
Old 20-09-2014, 15:19   #21
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: Counter terrorism raid in cardiff

Immigration were also out yesterday.

They arrested and are holding 2 muslims that ran the local newsagent by my parents.

This is the second time Immigration have rated this shop and have taken people in less than a year.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapee View Post
I don't think of myself as the local hardman there is always someone bigger and harder, very often they are smaller. But one thing I have never done is be intimidated by anyone big or small, admittedly I have the scars and disfigurement to prove it.

I was approached early in the morning on the way to the train station, one crossed the road towards me and the other started to cross the road diagonally as the first walked up to me and stopped in front of me. They did their usual trick of asking the time, this often results in the victim pulling their phone out of their pocket and then as a result being mugged. My response was none too pleasant, he said 'Sorry' turned to his mate and gestured at him presumably to abort the attempt. They both headed off back in the direction they came from.

I would have thought that if they were genuine they would have made a point of saying they only wanted the time, but it looked more like they realised they were rumbled by someone who wasn't going to give up without a fight.

So the question is, was I being unhelpful by not pulling my phone out of my pocket to a couple of harmless East Europeans just innocently asking the time or was I being streetwise to a couple of would be muggers. (When at the time there were instances of it going on in the area)

I only heard of one family being beaten up in Ely, but I have also heard that the local gypsies had been at logger heads with them coming onto their turf and taking over their money making activities. Quite a few transit tippers can be seen going around the area driven by East Europeans.
Back about 5 months ago a few weeks after having a stroke i was in town with my parents in Swansea by the big St Marys church and my parents went into Iceland and i was sitting on the wall. A Man approached me and started asking for my wallet and he went to get something in his pocket and before he could i punched him and he landed on his ass and there were plenty of witnesses and he ran off, the guy was turkish.

When i reported it to the Police apparently this guy had been arrested twice the week before and he was known for that area as there is also an open car park where he attacks.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote