View Single Post
Old 20-09-2014, 15:03   #20
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: Counter terrorism raid in cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
It's always reassuring to have the local hardmen letting these people know we'll reclaim our streets if we need to.

I never heard of them getting beaten up and one of the guys I work with who lives in Splott says that area seems to be pretty much ok at the moment. He didn't mention the immigrant population though.
I don't think of myself as the local hardman there is always someone bigger and harder, very often they are smaller. But one thing I have never done is be intimidated by anyone big or small, admittedly I have the scars and disfigurement to prove it.

I was approached early in the morning on the way to the train station, one crossed the road towards me and the other started to cross the road diagonally as the first walked up to me and stopped in front of me. They did their usual trick of asking the time, this often results in the victim pulling their phone out of their pocket and then as a result being mugged. My response was none too pleasant, he said 'Sorry' turned to his mate and gestured at him presumably to abort the attempt. They both headed off back in the direction they came from.

I would have thought that if they were genuine they would have made a point of saying they only wanted the time, but it looked more like they realised they were rumbled by someone who wasn't going to give up without a fight.

So the question is, was I being unhelpful by not pulling my phone out of my pocket to a couple of harmless East Europeans just innocently asking the time or was I being streetwise to a couple of would be muggers. (When at the time there were instances of it going on in the area)

I only heard of one family being beaten up in Ely, but I have also heard that the local gypsies had been at logger heads with them coming onto their turf and taking over their money making activities. Quite a few transit tippers can be seen going around the area driven by East Europeans.