View Single Post
Old 19-09-2014, 16:12   #17
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: Counter terrorism raid in cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Like where? I was in Ely and Grangetown the other day and the place didn't seem too bad. I certainly didn't intimidated or uncomfortable. To be honest I find Canton aka Studentville to be a worse area.
Day and night are certainly different on some streets. Clifton Street is a good example, as soon as the light starts to go they start to gather in groups. My partner and her 20 yr old will not go into that area at night, but you only have to go back 3-4 years and they would do it without feeling any threats.

Some people often ask what is it that makes them appear threatening, in most cases apart from people being mugged it's their general mannerism and rowdy behaviour. They are quite fond of hanging about in doorways one or two will step out in front of you whilst one or two approach from behind.

I was approached early one morning on my way to work, they were obviously looking for someone to mug. They apologised and cleared off quickly when I made it clear I'm not a victim.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I mean which of the areas have immigrants as their majority population? Are there any figures to confirm this?
They don't need to be the majority in the area to be intimidating, there are just enough of them to keep decent honest people off the streets. In the area my partner lives they are not local residents, but have been enticed there by the local authority who have provided them with a community center and play area. These facilities were due to close through lack of funding, but the local authority found some cash to keep it open and bribe them off the streets.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I suppose the National Census will have have figures of those LEGALLY in each area, but I just notice heads and shop types as a general rule.

Cathays had a lot of buy-to-let student accommodation that became too expensive once the new Halls of Residence estates appeared. The space was filled by Roma for a while, but it has seen a large influx of Middle Eastern/ Pakistani people, not yet in the majority yet though.

Ely doesn't seem to be attractive to a lot of non-europeans, they tend to gravitate to the center for some reason.
Didn't I hear the the immigrants placed in Ely by the local authority started their antics and the locals started beating them up, they were then moved to Splott.