View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 21:56   #53
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
Thank you very much for all the replies.

Using Sky Anytime I could record onto my DVD player with it. I don't know why you couldn't and with my old V+HD box I could too. I just couldn't record the TV Choice stuff like the boxsets.

Regarding the speed of channel changing and menu, even if it's not a quick as the latest SKy+ HD boxes. Am I going to get frustrated? Sky+ was lighting quick. A little less speed I can live with. Anything like the old V+HD scientic atlantic I cannot.

I'm told that my bill would be 35 pounds to have Broadband (L) phone (M) and TV with Tivo (M+ and Mutv). Where is the 3 pound or 5 pound Tivo charge I see you writing about? Will that be added so my bill is 38-41 pounds? I'm currently paying around 20 pounds a month for phone and broadband.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

I just called in and I was assured that the price of having a Tivo box will not go up from 3 pounds to 5 pounds.
I can't see any reason why you couldn't record onto DVD, unless they use some sort of encryption like sky do with their pay per view movies. You are probably best asking VM.

Tivo is far quicker than the old V+HD boxes at changing channels.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote