View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 08:00   #633
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I have no plans to go into great detail about my complaint on here as it's not relevant and I'm not looking for your comments either.

The purpose of my post was to support theone in his belief that CS has deteriorated under LGI. The version of events are as previously stated.

If matters are to my liking, I don't complain, if matters aren't then I do and I expect them to be remedied. I'm sure you wouldn't simply swallow the £10 overcharge, or maybe you would??

My solicitor agreed with my complaint and he is legally trained, so that's good enough for me.

If they decided to roll over because it wasn't worth arguing over a tenner, then why was it not done sooner? By protracting this, they have only served to waste my time and get my back up.

Each time one of their contracts expires, they will now be required to prove that they offer best value. This will take up staff time/resources and possibly reduce their profit.

AFAIK, VM didn't involve their own solicitors, someone simply saw sense, but the damage to goodwill had already been done.

Your last paragraph doesn't really make any sense, what do you mean by saying that VM "know who you are". Of course they do

Are you also suggesting that VM 'punish' or treat customers less favourably if they do something that meets with their displeasure??

Finally, I wouldn't bother with the £50 refer a friend incentive. I've done it twice. The first time took endless contact and 18 months to get paid.

The second time took endless contact and 2.5 years.

After being given false promises, lied to and messed about, it was eventually paid. It really isn't worth the hassle.
Surely, Richard, all posts on the forum are subject to comment by others. I saw a need to respond to yours as, not for the first time, you made damaging comments about Virgin Media which I have a feeling are unfair. I like to believe what people say about their experiences, but this was yet another battle of yours in what has become a litany of complaints about a company that, in my experience, has a pretty good record of customer service. Not once have I ever had cause to complain about the company, or indeed its predecessors. The staff have always been polite and have addressed any questions I've had with absolute courtesy. I have not detected the deterioration in service under Liberty Global that you claim has happened.

Honestly, Richard, if you really are concerned about Virgin Media and how they deal with you, it is surprising that you have not moved to another provider, with whom I suspect, you would soon have issues as well.

My comment about VM 'knowing who you are' was merely pointing out that if a customer is rude and demanding, they can't really expect VM to go out on a limb to help them. Politeness goes a long way, I find.