View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 22:17   #632
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Richard, you couldn't possibly expect us to comment on this because you haven't given us details of your complaint. We have to accept your version of events, and I have to say that when I look at your previous posts, you do seem to be a serial complainer. No offence! The fact that a solicitor's letter got VM to back down does not prove they were wrong, just that it was more trouble than it was worth (£10) to get this resolved.

If a contract is what VM's solicitors have advised to prevent having to give into low value claims, then I'm not surprised to learn that this is now what they are doing. As a businessman yourself, does this not make sense?

For those who are tempted to go down Richard's path, don't think for one moment that Virgin don't know who you are, and don't expect them to do you any favours!

Just sayin'...
I have no plans to go into great detail about my complaint on here as it's not relevant and I'm not looking for your comments either.

The purpose of my post was to support theone in his belief that CS has deteriorated under LGI. The version of events are as previously stated.

If matters are to my liking, I don't complain, if matters aren't then I do and I expect them to be remedied. I'm sure you wouldn't simply swallow the £10 overcharge, or maybe you would??

My solicitor agreed with my complaint and he is legally trained, so that's good enough for me.

If they decided to roll over because it wasn't worth arguing over a tenner, then why was it not done sooner? By protracting this, they have only served to waste my time and get my back up.

Each time one of their contracts expires, they will now be required to prove that they offer best value. This will take up staff time/resources and possibly reduce their profit.

AFAIK, VM didn't involve their own solicitors, someone simply saw sense, but the damage to goodwill had already been done.

Your last paragraph doesn't really make any sense, what do you mean by saying that VM "know who you are". Of course they do

Are you also suggesting that VM 'punish' or treat customers less favourably if they do something that meets with their displeasure??

Finally, I wouldn't bother with the £50 refer a friend incentive. I've done it twice. The first time took endless contact and 18 months to get paid.

The second time took endless contact and 2.5 years.

After being given false promises, lied to and messed about, it was eventually paid. It really isn't worth the hassle.