View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 15:18   #2358
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhairday View Post
I did a speed test while using the VPN and it was double what I have without it.
I was flabbergasted my flabber was truly gasted. Checked again on regular internet and it was back to 30mgs.
You can't trust the reliability of most speed test site results thought a VPN as there are a few factors involved that can totally screw the numbers up. The faster speed you saw was a false result. You won't get faster than the speed VM have sold you.

There are a few exceptions when a faster VPN result can be true, such as when it routes you around a congested peering point for example, but generally you shouldn't believe the usual speed test sites results if you are connected to a VPN.

As an example, I one got an 65Mbit upload speed when connected via a VPN yet I only had 40 down/10 upload from Sky at the time.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote