Thread: SD TV price rises
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 05:41   #74
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TV price rises

I've always been a big believer in VM and have been with them for over 5 years now sticking with them through the loss of Sky Basics, the seeming endless sagas of new channels "coming soon", etc.

I also love TiVo but think like many others on here that whilst the box is amazing, it is seriously let down by content. Obviously extra HD channels, Sky Atlantic , etc, would be nice but the big lead it had on competitors was it's connectivity and the endless possibilities this could bring. VM however serve us up some tripe with poor quality YouTube and Ebay apps and all the others are generally rubbish apps which are more like adverts promoting Sky Sports & Movies and the latest Harry Potter film.

The apps section could bring endless possibilities by adding the likes of Facebook, Netflix, LOVEFiLM, Google, a web browser and many more. Whilst I appreciate these might take away from VM's pay-per-view selection, they now claim to be a content provider and with this in mind should provide additional content for customer choice.

Sky have just announced the addition of BBC iPlayer and ITV Net Player along with improved Anytime+ and up to 40Mb fibre broadband in the near future.

VM then offer to increase our broadband speeds for 'free' yet suddenly increase the prices on all their products.

I think VM have seriously lost their strategy as Sky are quickly catching the up now with VOD, BB for general users (obviously VM will still be better for heavy downloaders) and obviously Sky's channel content is king.

This current price rise has seriously annoyed me. I have for the first time in a long time considered leaving VM and going to Sky. I priced up a few different packages with Sky and realised I could save (post VM price rises) between £5 and £20 a month dependant on which package I opt for.

I therefore need VM to pull something out of the bag to keep me as I am a pretty basic users who wants to watch linear or recorded tv, have plenty of content, broadband that allows me to surf, check email, shop and a telephone line is a telephone line.

Superfast 30Mb + internet and endless VOD is not necessary for me personally and therefore (although I hate to say it) I may seriously have to consider the switch to Sky as for my needs their packages and prices are looking increasingly attractive.

Superblade7
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote