Thread: Superhub SHUB3
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2017, 12:37   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: SHUB3

I know it is coming up to xmas and pennies are tight but think of a router as TV and something you want to work properly but also something you want to use, enjoy and benefit from everyday for the next 2-3 years. If/when you are ready to buy your router don't be cheap; if it is worth doing then it is worth doing properly and I cannot recommend Asus enough. Take the time to have a look at all the different models on Amazon and decide which is best for you. Some routers are now triband and AC5300 which sounds great but unless your devices (and more importantly their network adapters) also support the technology then you aren't going to benefit from it. The high end routers also have multiple usb ports and eSATA so you can connect printers and hard drives and you can run network printing and shared storage but once again, if you don't need it then you don't buy it. The router I suggested above is a great mid-range router and is good for 836mbits wan to lan throughput (download speed) so you know it is going to last you a while.

I was going to suggest staying away from places like Currys because they normally charge a load more for the same thing but I have just had a quick look and oddly enough it is the same price so if it makes you happier you could get it from there.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote