View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 15:36   #39
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
How about an option of No?
Well, this is a hypothetical poll which assumes that the rumour that BT Sport is to be withdrawn from the Full House pack is true.

My interest is whether using some/all of the money saved to get Sky Atlantic (the last major channel missing VM) would appease people.

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
BT Sport is where the AFL (Aussie rules) is. I wouldn't pay extra for it. A season pass is £125. To me that's a lot just for one sport. I don't care for boxing (legalised assault).

I think there is content on BT Sport that isn't covered anywhere else without a fee and having some included sport channels is a good thing.

Content is a sensitive matter but like the license fee spreading the cost around is less per person than it would be to charge varying amounts. There will be some losers who are very focussed in their viewing but if you do watch a wider range of content but are not a die hard fan of any then a more general approach works better.
Don't VM employees get TV for free anymore (only paying tax on the net worth of the free packages)?

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
I did like True Detective, although the second series was rubbish, and The leftovers was great.

There is one thing about SA, it always draws a reaction. It may one day arrive on Virgin Media, but expect Sky to pull another rabbit out of the hat, with a new exclusive channel.
100% agree.

Maybe their USP will be to offer more 4K and deny it to VM after making SA available.

Having said that, I was recently reading that 4K hasn't been as successful as was originally assumed. Apparently, there are still many people who, despite having HD sets, still go from the beginning of the EPG's and don't bother with the HD variants!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote