View Single Post
Old 18-11-2013, 17:44   #40
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That depends my parents TIVO box last night struggled to sustain 720 HD and kept dropping to 480 HD , we changed over to another device using their VM 60MB connection and it streamed perfect at the best quality , work that one out. The TIVO modem is meant to be 10mb so should stream 1080 Super HD no probs , I have no issues doing this on a 8-9mb ADSL line.
It's possible because Netflix is brand new on Tivo, a lot of people were trying it out and it was putting a strain on the Netflix servers serving Tivo.

Apparently, different devices connect to different parts of the Netflix network (or use different streams), so it's possible the alternative device you used didn't have such a demand on it.

I'm not saying the above was the case, but it's a possibility.