View Single Post
Old 18-11-2013, 13:35   #33
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I have to agree. I have an add on to my browser called Media Hint that allows me to view and play US content on my PC. The US Netflix catalogue is impressive but view the UK content available on TiVo and it can be seen as very much the poor relation. I tried a similar random programme experiment and found seven out of ten of my choices on US Netflix and only one out of ten on UK Netflix. I'm not sure I'll keep Netflix after my free six months has expired unless its content has improved a lot.

PS - I still haven't received my promised code from Virgin for the free six months.
I think there may be value in it if you go down the VPN route (I'm not expanding on that as it's probably against forum rules), but it just doesn't seem value for money for a monthly sub fee if you're going to only use the UK content. It hasn't even got Scarface, Goodfellas, Godfather 2, Unforgiven, The Shining etc etc