View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 13:37   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: V+ box, USB and network connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setch View Post
Not sure that I see a problem with being allowed to copy directly from the drive to a PC seeing that you are allowed to copy directly to DVD. But then I guess that the law can be a funny thing.
All I know for sure is that other PVRs (such as TiVo) allow you to make copies of any non-protected content through Scart, yet if you look at the files on the hard drive, they are heavily encrypted.

I suspect it might be because of quality. Going through Scart, you will see a loss in quality. Copying from the file itself, there would be no loss of quality.

As for my comment about the eSata not being enabled? Well, that's based upon having a Pace 1000 that had disabled Parallel and Serial ports and my current Samsung 2100c which has a disabled USB port.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote