View Single Post
Old 29-08-2008, 23:30   #18
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: fibre optic is ist worth it?

No I mentioned Digital and Analogue, there are still just under 200,000 analogue users out there!

Furthermore,some countries may still use Analogue cable systems like we had, so I was just wondering really.

Actually, since you mentioned it, why not use Analogue Cable. I mean for someone that just wants basic 20 channels,basic features and no interactive stuff for a small fee of say £4 per month, why not! I mean is it gonna do much harm if they broadcast a handful of channels using analogue signals. I've heard a lot of elderly people complaining about the digital switchover and saying that they are happy with what they used to have.

And werent Virgin Media planning to sell off Flextech/Virgin Media Television for a valuated price of £600 Million, thats more than enough to cable the sewers and reach non cabled areas. Or rather than do that, they could sell there share in UKTV and maybe sell off Challenge TV as I heard viewings are slipping for it.

Its just that H20 claims that it is cheaper to cable the place via the sewers as it saves money digging up and re-patching roads and the ground ect....
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote