View Single Post
Old 29-08-2008, 22:16   #16
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: fibre optic is ist worth it?

Thanks for letting me know about the 50MB pricing structure, however, i'm sure Virgin Media will change that and do a free upgrade especially if a competitor rolls in offering the same speed for half the price.

Why I say that they will upgrade 20MB customers to 50MB at no extra monthly cost is because O2 Broadband are able to offer that at a very low cost in comparison to Virgin Media, however, the chances are quite thin which is why Virgin still charge a lot of money for 20MB, lastly a company called H20-Fibrecity is planning to launch fibre optic broadband in Bornemouth, they think using the sewers rather than digging up roads will be cost effective fast, apparently a whole city can be wired up within 6 to 10 months, so the whole country could be done within 5 years and it would be fibre optic right to the outside of the premises, so that would be perfect for IPTV which is on its way.

However, I have a feeling that this H20-Fibrecity will be a flop because of its late entrancy into the market and because of the credit crunch, you never know what might happen to the economy lol

So I think Virgin should copy what H20 is doing and start cabling non-cabled areas in that way.

If Virgin Media's network was 100% fibre optic and I mean 100% would they still be able to provide Digital and Analogue TV down that same Cable??? Obviously the Telephones wouldnt work as you would use Voip for that.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote