View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:11   #1719
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Everyone has different tastes in shows personally i thought from dusk til dawn the series, orange is the new black, marco polo, sense8 and daredevil were superb.
Indeed they do. I have greatly enjoyed House Of Cards, ORITNB and Lilyhammer. They do have great content too, but unfortunately, like all other content providers they are going to produce original content that is not of interest to me or content I do not like. I never cared for Marco Polo or Dusk Til Dawn and Sense 8 is really not my thing. Daredevil is fairly decent, I agree, it's just that I struggle with the premise of that super hero. A couple more recent releases - Kimmy Schmidt and Frankie and Grace are just not for me either.

I guess I am a bit odd with my viewing habits, as well as documentaries, I really do like dark TV shows with a bit mystery, that are set very much in the present with characters who seem like they could be real people and often have morale conundrums in them. Luther, Broadchurch, Whitechapel, Law and Order: CI, Law and Order, Shield, Braquo and True Detective are probably my favourite TV shows from the past 10-15 years. As such, this really limits the content I like. It's the same with Atlantic, so much is not of interest or has shows what I would class as average or poor. I am happy to try new shows, but it's rare for me to rave over them.
For example - Banshee, is sadly pretty average. It's plot for the second season was better than I thought it would be and it does very little wrong in terms of script, acting or direction. There is something missing that stops me from enjoying it as much as I would like to though. Also, Battlestar Gallactica and Fire Fox were excellently made all round, but I could not rave about them purely because they did not keep my attention enough - and much to my brothers amazement I can only rate them as average TV shows.

Perhaps I should stay out of content discussions because I am a very fussy watcher of TV.

Netflix is a great service as it stands, though, but in a years time I may have a £2 price hike to contend with, in which I may not get HD content and I would then have to decide whether or not the service is worth while. With the content it is producing at the moment, I would have to question whether it is..