View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 11:56   #1422
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes - if all tuners are in use.

Even if it didn't record the reminder, it would still have to stop recording something else.

Remember the V+HD had/s a dedicated live tuner, so reminders were independent of whatever was set to record

TiVo has 3 recording tuners, so if they are all in use, then it has to stop one of them to change to another channel. By reminding on a set recording, it avoids a clash.
OK bottom line is this. If the worst comes to the worst. I use the reminder so I could switch the TV to freeview.
At the moment on the rare occasions when it is a problem ie for some reason 3 record ( over lap is the main cause but would hate to miss start/ finish so will not remove) We use the Video sender from the V+ to main TV. However when the reminder comes the idea is simply to switch to Freeview. Hence DO NOT want the TiVo to think for me Or ( never happen yet but who knows) record 5 at the same time & watch number 6 !!!
Can`t control V+ via remote so might as well have freeview running ( with a delay to skip ads etc) instead of using V+ or reverse of cause.
The problem of so many people at home all wanting different shows but the same sofa