View Single Post
Old 22-05-2008, 17:10   #63
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Freesat: Free satellite TV by BBC and ITV tv to launch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
correct. but is the dish bolted in position? ie if someone goes up and screws in another line of cable or replaces the one to my sky box with a dual cable in one so no new hole to my bedroom is needed, i dont want the dish to move when someone goes up there.
ok the simplest way to explain it is that, your lnb has a little plastic bolt on it which fastens it to the end of your dish & is the only thing that you'd need to change (if you were changing your lnb), as your not then no bolts need to be changed or moved & yes your dish is bolted to the wall. all that needs to be done is to add two more runs of cable with some f plugs at either end. one end is twisted onto your lnb & sealed with waterproof tape & the other end is connected to your receiver. the same goes for both runs of cable & thats it

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

just wanna also add that if your dish has been installed properly then it should be very tightly bolted, so it shouldnt move at all unless of course you force it to move. dishes are installed this way to stop them from moving in heavy wind etc.
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote