View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 16:23   #115
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media will launch a new set-top box

....let me try that for you:

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/pre...tion-FINAL.pdf

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
No pictures of the beautiful, great, super Tivo UI ?
Nope, but he's what Tom Mockbridge, VM boss, said on the subject:

".... the relaunch under the brand Virgin TV in the United Kingdom with the new EOS box and new interface will in addition give us a very, very significant step up in our ability to do on demand programming across its multiple forms and give our customers access to a large range of over-the-top applications which you, those of you who are our customers will have seen already, will definitely be adding to that...."

Mike Fries also said in the same webcast that the new box was small and sleek, which is not what the picture shows.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's not something I'd ever go out and buy but I'll gladly take a free one.

At the moment 1080 streaming and PVR capability would be to likely to make current satellite customers take note and possibly move something Sky definitely doesn't want.
Perhaps....

Everyone seems to view Now TV as a defensive play for Sky which either mops up some customers who have cancelled satellite tv or encouraging a few Freeview folks to upgrade a bit. I'm not so sure its a defensive play by Sky and the evidence for that is the recent launch of broadband and phone bundles along with Now TV.

Perhaps Now TV will be the Sky of the future and this is the beginning of Sky turning from a satellite tv company into a cable/streaming one instead.

Last edited by Horizon; 08-08-2016 at 16:00.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote