View Single Post
Old 28-07-2016, 11:22   #110
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media will launch a new set-top box

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
My post was in response to Arthur's which said this about the new Now TV box "And from what l hear, it's all good." I pointed out that it's not all good and highlighted the three weaknesses which reviewers have picked up on - no 1080 HD or 4K, no recording facility and no full EPG.
However, in terms of what I expected:
- Recording facility? No didn't expect this.
- 7-day EPG? I did expect this so that users would use the Now TV box to access Freeview channels and no longer need to use the SOURCE button on their TVs to swap between sources.
It's not something I'd ever go out and buy but I'll gladly take a free one.

At the moment 1080 streaming and PVR capability would be to likely to make current satellite customers take note and possibly move something Sky definitely doesn't want.

Last edited by muppetman11; 28-07-2016 at 11:26.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote