View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:15   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Question on Statins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I reacted to Simvastatin at first (joint aches) but the GP suggested I tough it out before trying another statin (Pravastatin). Sure enough after a few weeks the discomfort stopped. No other side-effects AFAIK.

I dropped from 6.4 to 4.2 over a year, and it's been hovering around that level for years now.

Incidentally, I was put on statins because my younger brother had a heart episode. And no lipides test before I was put on them!
l was put on statins even though my cholesteral was fine and my enlarged heart failure condition has nothing in common with the usual reasons why statins are prescribed to patients.

l was put on Simvastatin to start with but my the joint aches would not go away so l am now taking Atorvastatin and so far l have not had any side effects