View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 20:57   #3628
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I never said anything about the sun or any of that lot not having an agenda or a bias because they do but what they don't have is four billion of citizens money whereas the bbc does and that's why a bias within the bbc is a problem. Now hey if the licence fee is abolished and no money from the people of the UK automatically gets given to the bbc then they can be as low as the others that I don't pay to support.
The Sun and the rest can be as biased as they like because they are private enterprises and you are perfectly correct in that the public money the BBC relies on forces them to be as unbiased as possible and there have been complaints about BBC bias towards remain in the EU debate ,usually from rabid brexiters like the Sun it has to be said .The BBC are in a no win situation, if they question companies like Siemens about their plans post Brexit they are accused of bias if they don't question them they are accused of bias the other way .I personally have found the BBC's reporting on the EU referendum quite fair.