View Single Post
Old 16-08-2017, 21:04   #102
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: US: Violent clashes Charlottesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If it hadn't have been a statue it would have been something else. I'm willing to get most of these thugs don't know who Gen. Lee was. You don't go armed with guns, shields , batons and swastickas to peacefully protest ; you go with the intention to hurt people/ cause trouble. Any excuse will do for 'people' like this and they will have been greatly encouraged by the President's response.
Who said they had guns?

I know this is America but in some States, it's still illegal to carry them in the open.

I don't see how they were encouraged when again, BOTH groups were condemned by him.

From reports I see, Alt-Right groups had a permit to be there. As morally repugnant as this is, they had a Constitutional right to protest the removal of the Statue. I.E 1st Amendment.

The left, Antifa and BLM took exception to them protesting so they in some respects armed themselves and decided to take the law in to their own hands.

There is no argument from me that Neo Nazis should be illegal everywhere and kept in a part of history where they belong, but the US Constitution's first amendment forbids laws of such kind from being written.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote