View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 22:22   #159
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: [MERGED] Poll: Same Sex civil marriages, yes or no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
That's just it though ,strictly speaking they aren't allowed to "define marriage" it is an absolute defined by god .I know that changes have happened but the basic principle has always remained the same ,a union between man and woman .
But there are quite a few people that don't believe in a god. The term marriage has entered a general use now that is still applicable for everyone and so we want everyone to have that right. Yes, the term has come from religion and most people don't want to force the change on a religious organisation.

Quote:
Yes it should ,those that are not religious should have no interest in a ceremony held in the presence of a god they don't believe in .As far as civil partnerships are concerned i think they should carry the same right in legal terms as a religious marriage ,which i believe they do ,in this country anyway but should not be referred to as marriages
I am really confused now. We're not talking about a religious ceremony inside a church, that isn't on the table. We're talking about a civil ceremony which is called marriage.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote